Saturday 10 October 2009

Beyonce + Wonder Woman = Fail

I know this was a while ago but it suddenly cropped up again on our WNATM podcast for some reason...Beyonce Knowles as wonder woman.




"And it would be a very bold choice. A black Wonder Woman would be a powerful thing. It's time for that, right?"

In my opinion? No, not really. I mean it's bold getting a (mediocre) non-actress to carry a film which could become a franchise. But having a Afro-American Wonder Woman for the sake of it is WRONG. There's a few issues that make the idea of having "Foxy Cleopatra" as Wonder Woman a difficultly (one being the desperate desire to appear "hip" and "with the times" being one of them) but the one I'm going to go with is of course alienating the fans and I really think you need them on your side for a project like this.

Also I wouldn't want John C Reilly to be fucking Shaft would I?

I'm watching you Hollywood


Being black, I would love to see more roles handed out to talented black actors/actresses and I would also love a kick ass superhero/comic book style film with a black lead sometime soon. But after the whole Daredevil debacle...

They tried it before...did it work? Did it fuck


I'm sure this rumor will evaporate like the proverbial fart in the wind but while it lingers. Please for the love of God can we not have Xania from the Pink Panther as Wonder Woman.

Hear more drunken ramblings on the Geekplanet podcast